This is going to be my website in order to communicate with my friends and family from America! Enjoy! Comment!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lubeck

This is a cute pic from Hamburg on friday night, we are in the burgerking. yum. haha

But Hello again. This week was really good. I can't believe I have almost been here three weeks. it has seriously flown by. I also started to plan out some of the places I would like to travel while I am here, and its making it seem even shorter than it already seems! But as for now I think I might travel to Bremen next weekend and visit Toledo's sister city of Delmenhorst. And then in two weekends I will go with my flatmates to Dusseldorf to a Carnival and for my flatmate's boyfriends birthday! soo i have a really busy month coming up! Still undecided about spring break, any ideas?


Here are some pictures from the city of Lubeck. It is near the Baltic sea. It was a really pretty city and we had beautiful weather (unlike today). This train ride is about an hour away from Lueneburg and we can go for free with our Student ID. :)

This is the house that Thomas Mann's famous books; was set in. it was a really cool museum. And below is me in a thing that is like a tunnel in the old days they would make, and on the other side is like a neighborhood. they would make these so that they did not have to build so many roads and have more room for houses. you can see how tiny this tunnel is. it was really neat. And here finally is Julia eating some of my HOMEMADE mac and cheese. yesss.... it turned out ok... i did not have everything exact because it was really hard to find the right cheese, but it turned out edible. I am becoming quite the cook (believe it or not!! ) Also today i went to Church in Hamburg, I liked it, It was different from what i am used to (what isn't here) but i am not sure .. i need to reflect on it and see if it is for me.

have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a really cute picture of the three of you =] gotta love burger king hahah

im so jealous that you get to travel around everywhere. but im also really glad that you're posting pictures so we can see how beautiful it is. are you going to go to a big city like maybe berlin?

hope everything's going good!!
and good luck with those cooking endeavors haha =]

<3

Anonymous said...

so you better be cooking for me when i get over there, i'm tired of having to cook all the time.

um, just kidding, you know i actually like to cook. yes i'm gay.

you should go skiing on break

Anonymous said...

oh ed. lol.

cute pics. go to...ummmmm somewhere fun for spring break. lol. i'm no help. i'm going to chicago for spring break. who's surprised?!? haha no one!

love you.

Susan said...

Aww it looks like you're having such a good time and keeping busy with the site-seeing! I've walked by your house a few times these past few weeks, and despite the fact that our one block distance was never truly taken advantage of, it was weird to think you're so far away!!! I hope you're keeping warm over there and enjoying the cool non-Americanness :)

Have a good week!!