This is going to be my website in order to communicate with my friends and family from America! Enjoy! Comment!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Allo!!

I arrived here in Luneburg Germany on Thursday... after very long flights from the USA... I got to sleep on the plane from NewYork to Frankfurt which was good. I met and traveled with many nice people. But I was on the group flight, yet there was no group. I am mad i paid extra because it was not any better than going alone. I arrived in Lueneburg and met my buddy Janina (you say it like yah-neen-nah- the j- like a yah) she is very nice. She and i had coffee and then she took me to my flat.

my flat is very cool. and big! it is alot bigger than i am used to! (but no microwave!) the girls i live with are 25 and 26 (julia and Kristin) They are really nice, and vegetarians! haha so much for all that german meat and sausage!!
here is a picture of my flat. I live on the third floor, or second floor in europe (the ground one does not count!).
My address for my flat is
Reichenbachstr 10
21335 Luneburg, Germany (with the two dots over the U!!)
I would love to hear from you.

My school i will start tommorow. I have class at 845 and then a few breaks, there are three other students in my class, two (a couple) from Toledo, and a Mexican student. There are about 14 other students and then they will have other classes and then they will mix with the students who have been here since the fall. The university is about 15 minute walk and 5 minute bus ride from my flat. I live more downtown area.... the uni used to be a miliarty base, so it all looks alike but the city is beautiful... here are some pictures from downtown area.
it looks just like what a german town should look like. The weather was quite nasty on thursday, but today and the other days it was nice, cold but at least not raining. It is pretty warm for this time of year too, usually it is very cold and lots of snow, but not yet.

Today is sunday, very quiet on sunday because everything shuts down!! Unlike in the USA where sunday is just one more day to do chores and errands. My flatmates and I went on a walk through a park-- it reminds me of the parks back home.


That is all for right now, I will update later how school is, i hear it is supposed to be really hard and very intense.

Also, I am learning German quickly as i feel really out of place not knowing it. haha


Prayers needed for language barriers, new friends, money, safe travels, spritual conversations with my new friends.

Danke!! Auf Wiedersehen!!!


Allison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison, I saw your stuff, wow it looks really cool, I love it. Keep us posted!
Dad

Anonymous said...

al :D i love your pics. i'm going to write you a letter sooooon, so be on the lookout! miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allsion, This looks really great. Your flat looks really nice too! i know you are going to have a blast. Ijust talked to Amy Fanti and she is going to call me back this afternoon with scoops about Germany. I will let you know what she says. Have a great first day of school!! Love MOM

JodiTucker said...

Glad you arrived safely! Praying for the things you asked!