I have mostly studied for it, but need to cram the vocab in.
i am over it, and want to surf the web instead. haha i am sitting in our brand new library, we have like pods with 8 computers around a circle. its kinda weird, but this is the only computer lab on campus. so its really crowded. luckily i got a computer... to do some work. right.
anyways. i cant believe its already the middle of november. When did this happen? A friend told me the summer before i started college that your freshman year goes by fast, but every year after that goes by even faster. I didnt think it was possible. It is. when i was in germany the time flew by, this semester doesnt even compare. wow. we have like less than 20 days before christmas break. i guess i should start thinking about exams. blah! already?!
Life. well whats been going on? hmm where did i leave off? Fall break. wow. feels like ages ago.... why is it like that? that time feels like it is speeding up, even though we have so many conveniences to help us make things quicker.
school: is going fine, like i said its almost the end of the semester! i have a german presentation today too about islam in germany. it should be interesting. I was interested in learning about Islam and the muslim culture. its awesome, and i really like it... send me to TURKEY! please! haha
akpsi: oh man. its been crazy trying to get everything in order, we have had a lot of events that went ok. today we have the auditor of state coming to speak to the university. i hope people show up... its a big deal! sometimes i feel like people cant talk to me because i am vice president, and i miss my friends in akpsi. i am always up front.... elections are coming up soon. I have my position all year, but it should be interesting to see who wins....
RA: my residents are ok... kinda keep to themselves. but whatever. I had a meeting this past monday to speak to them about bathroom cleanliness... everyone was having different expectations and it was getting out of control for no reason. I am just about done with programming, i had a study abroad program which was ok, only 2 residents showed up but a bunch of ras from other buildings came, and i guess that 3 of the people who showed up made appointments to try and study abroad. so thats what its all about! and yesterday we had " Learn how to Swing Dance" It was a hit! We had about 20 people show up and my two friends who are in the ballroom dance society came and taught us for about an hour. It was so much fun and the perfect amount of people! :) I really enjoyed it and want to do it in the spring .... like i have time.. who am i kidding. I am not sure where I want to be an RA next year, i am thinking of going back to community bathroom, i danno it just seemed like my residents were more like to get out and play! haha we will see, i have a few weeks to decide. All i know is that I cant afford not to be a RA, life is so expensive...
Speaking of expensive, i really want to go to Christmas conference with crusade from dec 28- jan 1 but at the moment, i cant afford it.. hopefully i can get a scholarship or something. i have never gone and i think it would be awesome.
i am really loving my life group at my church, we did a class called Bible Essentials. and it was a basic bible class explaining anything you ever wanted to know about the bible. It was interesting and I knew alot of it but found somethings out that were neat. A few sundays ago we directed traffic (my Church is huge!) and it was hilarious and so much fun! We are doing it this week too! My new mentor is really great, we are doing a study on "When godly people do ungodly things" by Beth Moore (who is an amazing author/devotional writer!) she is amazing and really challenges you to look at yourself. its great and we have so much to talk about and learn from each other. Last week Ed got to speak in front of crusade about his time in canada this summer. He really did a great job, and i was proud of him. He is trying to encourage other guys to go on the summer project!
I have been working out again. Ed and I started to... well its mostly me. He is hard to wake and get out of bed to meet me at the rec. oh well every little bit helps right? I have been trying to eat better and more balanced. I am just sick of being unhealthy and eating fast food crap. haha
christmas is around the corner. I dont want much, but I have complied a list
- tennis shoes
- study bible
- brown flats (dress)
- workout dvds (for my dorm room when it snowy!)
i mean thats not alot i guess but its a start? haha
OK now that i have only an hour left until my test it is crunch time.I think thats all for now...
ciao!
See you soon! YUM THANKSGIVING! I cant wait!!!!!!! real food! Family! FUN!
1 comment:
Have you found a way to go to Christmas conference yet? let me know how I can help you!
Post a Comment